Dr. Noori Yaseen Harzani: General Director of Inspection and Quality Assurance
Dtae and Place of Birth: 1956 / Kerkuk
Telephone No.: 07504554798
- Bachelor degree in sociology
- PhD in Human Science
General Director of Inspection and Quality Assurance The Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research
- Writing Books:
- Media and Crime
- Introduction to The Kurdish Folklore
- I have published more that (20) scientific researches in the magazines in and out of Kurdistan Region.
- Supervising mastar researches and PhD theses
- supervising more than (15) bachelors' researches and PhD theses
- Evaluating Researches and Theses
- I partook in the discussion of more than (20) researches and theses in and out of Kurdistan Region.
- I have partaken in all the conferences held by Salahadin University
- Being a Member in Scientific Staff
- The Staff of Final Exams
- Scientific Staff of Sociology Department.
- The staff of improving Scientific Standard.
General Directorate of Quality Assurance and Accreditation
1. DIRECTORATE OF HEALTH AND SAFETY
WHO ARE WE?
The directorate of Health & Safety was established on April 2010. This office is committed to provide a safe and healthy work and educational environment for all its employees, students and visitors.
The mandate of this directorate includes:
- Managing the university’s overall health & safety program with the goal of preventing occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures to meet all requirements, duties set by standard occupational Health & Safety Acts and any applicable regulations.
The Ministry of higher Education is committed to the protection of its employees, students, the environment and its physical assets. The Health & Safety Committees of this directorate are dedicated to maintain a safe work environment in order to prevent occupational injuries and illnesses. All employees are equally responsible for complying with the requirements of the Health & Safety Act and Regulations, and Operational Policies. The Health & Safety Directorate provides a system to manage health & safety hazards and protect the health and safety of the students & employees.
The policies and procedures used by the health and safety directorate are designed to ensure protecting the health and safety of all students & employees. The purpose of establishing this directorate is to ensure that:
- Managing is committed to the prevention of occupational illness and injury.
- A health and safe work environment is maintained.
- The Universities of Kurdistan region meets all legislated requirements.
- Supervisors and committee members understand that it is their responsibility to ensure that health and safe work conditions are maintained and all employees under their direction are appropriately trained.
- Employees & Students understand that it is not only management, but also the employees & student’s legislated responsibility to work safely and report all unsafe or unhealthy conditions.
- The responsibilities of contractors, sub-contractors and their employees are defined, and also ensure that their standards meet or exceed the University’s and legislated health and safety program standards.
- The rules, regulations, policies, procedures and criteria of universities will be communicated to and made available for all employees.
For further information please contact : Dr. Brwa M. Saeed
Email : email@example.com
2. Directorate of Quality Assurance and Accreditation
The directorate of quality assurance and accreditation oversees the implementation of the process of quality assurance at the governmental and private universities and institutes in the Kurdistan Region. Within the quality assurance process functions four key programmes: Teaching Quality Assurance (TQA), Continuous Academic Development (CAD), Curriculum Development (CD) and Accreditation. Throughout these programmes the process of quality assurance endeavors to develop and advance the academic and scientific caliber of university and institute teachers. Also the process seeks to progress the process of education at the higher education institutions in the Kurdistan Region.
- Oversee the implementation of the programmes and basics of the quality assurance at the governmental and private universities and institutes through regular meetings and site visits.
- Receive, review and evaluate the proposals for the establishment of new private universities and institutes as well as new departments and colleges at governmental and private universities and institutes.
- Oversee the process of national universities ranking in the region.
- Carry out the quality auditing process for the governmental and private universities and institutes in the region.
- Issue official documents that require ministerial official orders.
- Reply to official documents addressed to the directorate.
- Preserve the information and data that relate to the process of quality assurance at the governmental and private universities and institutes for future use such as the national universities ranking.
- Organize regular meetings for the higher committee of quality assurance and accreditation and the committee of accreditation and licensing of private universities and institutes on weekly and monthly basis to discuss the requests and suggestions by the higher education institutions in the region.
- At the end of each year hundreds of reports are delivered to the directorate and reserved at specific database for future use.
The directorate encompasses two units:
- The quality assurance of governmental study: oversee all the programmes of the quality assurance at the governmental universities and institutes.
- The quality assurance of private study: oversee all the programmes of the quality assurance at the private universities and institutes.
Director's name: Dr. Samira T. Saeed