(ENGLISH) Under general direction of the Vice President, responsible for protecting and enhancing MHE interests with state and local governments; oversees the development and legislative and regulatory programs and strategies to ensure favourable public policy outcomes. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares recommendations on policy positions and course of action to the Vice President and to other executives; participates in MHE Committee activities to ensure corporate alignment on issues
- Builds relationships and serves as MHE key point of contact with state and local legislative and regulatory officials, including other KRG Departments.
- Elevates political and economic profile of MHE facilities and corporation with key local and state public officials; plans and conducts tours, meetings with ABC MHE executives and other events that build relationships and goodwill.
- Performs related duties as assigned. Experience and Education Requirements
- Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accounting, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor’s Degree program; normally requires a minimum of ten (10) years of experience with Government Affairs, preferably with States.
- Demonstrated lobbying skills and experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Understands MHE mission, Higher Education-wide issues,
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in Kurdish/English/Arabic
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Ability to evaluate facts, determine alternative solutions to problems, evaluate courses of action, and make sound management decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills; self-starter
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications Additional Information
Please apply for this position by sending your CV and completed application form below to specified email address on the form quoting reference number above.